Check it out

News Update :

1999 champions league final flash back can united do it again?

"This is the greatest moment of my life and I'm struggling to take it all in. I Haven't said anything to my players yet. I've just hugged and kissed them. I've slobbered all over them."Alex Ferguson - Manchester United ManagerIt was the 26th of May, 1999. The UEFA Champions League Final came to the histroic Nou Camp stadium as Manchester United came up against fierce rivals Bayern Munich in one of the most decorated finals in decades.Two goals in stoppage time made history as two substitutes Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer secured the treble for a side that truly resembled what Sir Alex Ferguson was about, the ability to never give up."Thanks for giving me the best night of my life; it was better than my wedding night." said Solskjaer after the game. It really did mean the world to those Manchester United players.Now, 15 years later, Old Trafford welcomes Bayern Munich back to the European stage in what will be a tough encounter against a German side touted by many as 'the best team in world football' . United may have had a poor season but nights like this bring the best out of the club. Will they rise to the occasion? 

Share this Article on :

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright MANCHESTER UNITED 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com .